The CozeeCoo® Wearable Baby Blanket
CozeeCoo® is a wearable blanket, designed to safely and comfortably hold a baby's hands below the chest while retaining movement in the arms, elbows, hips and legs. The CozeeCoo® can be worn while sleeping, diaper changing and in car seats. It's made from 100% certified organic (GOTS®) cotton from the fabric to the sew-in interfacing and labels.
Possible Preventative Applications:
- Tampering with surgical healing sites such as for cleft lip and/or cleft palate procedures, cochlear (hearing) implants, heart surgery, etc.
- Tampering with pediatric medical devices such as ngtubes (feeding tubes), endotracheal tubes (breathing tubes), vital signs monitors, oxygen saturation monitors, IVs, long lines, orthopedic braces, NAM devices, etc.
- Scratching and rubbing due to eczema (atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis...), allergies, hives, Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD), healing wounds, etc., which can lead to additional injuries and infections
- Interrupted sleep due to the urge to scratch, touch medical devices, healing sites, of the Moro Reflex (startle reflex) and the need for a snug embrace that can mimic the womb
- Detrimental self-stimulating (stimming) such as severe hair pulling (Trichotillomania), hitting or thumb sucking which can cause dental malocclusion (misalignments), speech impediments and skin irritations
- Blanket swaddling side effects such as overheating, heat plus friction which can make conditions like eczema worse, hip dysplasia (hip dislocation), the inability to reposition while sleeping, increased risk of suffocation if the blanket becomes loose, decreased arousal and underdeveloped muscles.
CozeeCoo®'s Additional Benefits:
- Product is U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) listed and registered as a medical device
- Product is third party lab tested to meet the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety requirements
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®) certified 100% cotton fabric
- Allows for movement in the arms, elbows, hips and legs, which can support muscle development and motor skill development
- Hypoallergenic (free from: nickel, latex, toxic dyes or substances, bleach, formaldehyde and fragrances)
- Can be worn safely and comfortably in a car seat
- Can support skin to skin bonding with the open chest and leg areas
- Can be comfortable for bottle feeding and/or breastfeeding for both the caregiver and baby
- Naturally stretches with knitted interlocking loops
- Adjustable snaps, which are convenient for fit adjustments and diaper changing
- Hand grasping can still be done through the fabric to hold and play with toys.
This is not a complete list of uses. Please consult your medical team to make CozeeCoo® a part of your healing journey.
Our Size Chart is based off of the World Health Organization (WHO) child growth standards.
The arm span measurement is comparable to the baby's height measurement. The arm span measurement is the most accurate way to determine the correct size.
An arm span measurement is from the baby's fingertips across the arm, chest and to the opposite fingertips.
Washer & Dryer Safe
Laundry machine washer (cold water) and dryer safe. Tumble dry on low heat or dry flat. Otherwise shrinking can occur. We recommend using a fragrance-free detergent (if it's also a dye-free and artificial brighteners-free detergent that is even better). Do not bleach. Iron Safe.
The materials we use are important for our cause. The CozeeCoo is made from 100% certified Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®) cotton fabric throughout including the sew-in interfacings and labels. Our metal snaps are nickel-free and lead-free tested. The fabric is lightweight, hypoallergenic (free from nickel, lead, latex, toxic dyes or substances, bleach, formaldehyde and fragrances) and naturally stretches with a knit interlocking.
We have a highly standardized, ethical and transparent manufacturing process using a GOTS® certified facility in India. Quoted by GOTS®: "GOTS® prohibits the use of all chemicals that don’t meet stringent criteria for toxicity and / or those which are harmful to humans and environment; regulates the treatment of any wastewater, and eliminates the use of harmful processing techniques that can cause ad-verse effects on workers’ health & safety, while ensuring compliance through a strict independent inspection and certification system. Furthermore, the textile processing facilities are inspected annually by ac-credited third party certifying bodies for social and environment compliance and the end products are required to be tested as per Risk Assessment done by the certifying bodies."
Our corrugated cardboard is left in its natural kraft (brown) color state. Our materials are 100% recyclable. Since our product is meant for babies with skin sensitivities we chose not to use already recycled materials as there are more food contaminants, glue resins and chemical inks from newspapers and receipts reported in recycled cardboard and papers. So although we very much recommend recycling, we simply don't make it a starting point for our littles who need a bit of extra protection while their immune systems are gaining strength.
How to CozeeCoo®
To dress baby, first snap the front flap together. You can adjust the height later. Slip baby's legs through the leg holes so the snaps are at baby's front. Loop one arm into the connected sleeve and then the other arm. Gently pull the back piece up to the back of baby's neck. You'll want to make sure baby cannot reach their face. Adjust the snaps as needed to accomplish this. If baby is teething you can give them more length to just reach their mouth.
The front snaps are also great for easy diaper changes. If baby will take any opportunity to touch their face, the caregiver can loop their arm through the tubed sleeve. This holds baby's arms down while still having two, free hands to change their diaper.
The CozeeCoo® is a wearable blanket that can work while sleeping. The CozeeCoo® can prevent babies from waking themselves up from scratching. The caregiver sleeps better not only because baby stays asleep but also because there is relief in knowing that baby is safe. Please practice safe sleep. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a wonderful resource.
CozeeCoo® can be worn in a car seat. Car rides are no longer a stressful experience. Baby can no longer harm themselves while their caregiver is focused on driving. Baby's hands just need to be by their sides before being securely buckled in.
When using the CozeeCoo®
Be sure to take your baby's arms out of the CozeeCoo® regularly for arm exercises.
The CozeeCoo® is intended to be worn over a diaper and/or clothing that is snug fitted and breathable (ideally 100% cotton).
We caution against wearing baby products over the CozeeCoo® such as an additional swaddle blanket, clothing, jacket, sleeping sack, etc.
Please do not pick up your baby by the CozeeCoo® garment.
Please use caution if your baby is healing from a circumcision surgery or any groin related complications. Because our design loops under the baby's legs, extended arm movements could apply added pressure to the groin area. That being said, following instructions from your doctor and using a padded diaper should be caution enough.
Please practice safe sleep. The American Academy of Pediatrics is a wonderful resource.
Babies should be under adult supervision at all times while wearing the CozeeCoo®.