The CozeeCoo® Wearable Baby Blanket
CozeeCoo® is a wearable blanket, registered with the US FDA as a medical device. Designed to safely and comfortably hold a baby's hands below the chest, the CozeeCoo® also retains movement in the arms, elbows, hips and legs. Due to the range of movement, the CozeeCoo® can be worn while sleeping -even when rolling. It works while diaper changing and safely in car seats. It's made from 100% certified organic (GOTS®) cotton from the fabric to the sew-in interfacing and labels.
- Product is U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) listed and registered as a medical device
- Product is third party lab tested to meet the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety requirements
- Product holds a Children's Product Certificate
- Allows for movement in the arms, elbows, hips and legs, which can support muscle development and motor skill development
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®) certified 100% cotton fabric
- Hypoallergenic (free from: nickel, latex, toxic dyes or substances, bleach, formaldehyde and fragrances)
- Can be worn safely and comfortably in a car seat
- Can support skin to skin bonding with the open chest and leg areas
- Can be comfortable for bottle feeding and/or breastfeeding for both the caregiver and baby
- Naturally stretches with knitted interlocking loops
- Adjustable snaps, which are convenient for fit adjustments and diaper changing
- Hand grasping can still be done through the fabric to hold and play with toys.
Possible Preventative Applications:
- Tampering with surgical healing sites such as for cleft lip and/or cleft palate procedures, cochlear (hearing) implants, cataract surgery, heart surgery, etc.
- Tampering with pediatric medical devices such as NAM devices, cleft taping, ngtubes (feeding tubes), endotracheal tubes (breathing tubes), vital signs monitors, oxygen saturation monitors, IVs, long lines, orthopedic braces, etc.
- Scratching and rubbing due to eczema (atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis...), allergies, hives, Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD), healing wounds, etc., which can lead to additional injuries and infections
- Interrupted sleep due to the urge to scratch, touch medical devices, healing sites, of the Moro Reflex (startle reflex) and the need for a snug embrace that can mimic the womb
- Detrimental self-stimulating (stimming) such as severe hair pulling (Trichotillomania), hitting or thumb sucking which can cause dental malocclusion (misalignments), speech impediments and skin irritations
- Elbow immobilizer arm brace side effects such as the ability to still touch the face, self removal (84% of babies remove arm braces according to a recent QIP survey) and discomfort, which can also affect sleep.
- Blanket swaddling side effects such as overheating, heat plus friction which can make conditions like eczema worse, hip dysplasia (hip dislocation), the inability to reposition while sleeping, increased risk of suffocation if the blanket becomes loose, decreased arousal and underdeveloped muscles.
This is not a complete list of uses. Please consult your medical team to make CozeeCoo® a part of your sleep and/or healing journey.
The arm span (fingertips across the arm, chest, opposite arm and opposite fingertips) is the most accurate measurement to determine the correct size.
The arm span measurement is comparable to the baby's height measurement.
Our Size Chart is based off of the World Health Organization (WHO) child growth standards.
Washer & Dryer Safe
Laundry machine washer (cold water) and dryer safe. Tumble dry on low heat or dry flat. Otherwise shrinking can occur. We recommend using a fragrance-free detergent (if it's also a dye-free and artificial brighteners-free detergent that is even better). Do not bleach. Iron Safe.
The materials we use are important for our cause. The CozeeCoo is made from 100% certified Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS®) cotton fabric throughout including the sew-in interfacings and labels. Our metal snaps are nickel-free and lead-free tested. The fabric is lightweight, hypoallergenic (free from nickel, lead, latex, toxic dyes or substances, bleach, formaldehyde and fragrances) and naturally stretches with a knit interlocking.
We have a highly standardized, ethical and transparent manufacturing process using a GOTS® certified facility in India. Quoted by GOTS®: "GOTS® prohibits the use of all chemicals that don’t meet stringent criteria for toxicity and / or those which are harmful to humans and environment; regulates the treatment of any wastewater, and eliminates the use of harmful processing techniques that can cause ad-verse effects on workers’ health & safety, while ensuring compliance through a strict independent inspection and certification system. Furthermore, the textile processing facilities are inspected annually by ac-credited third party certifying bodies for social and environment compliance and the end products are required to be tested as per Risk Assessment done by the certifying bodies."
Our corrugated cardboard is left in its natural kraft (brown) color state. Our materials are 100% recyclable. Since our product is meant for babies with skin sensitivities we chose not to use already recycled materials as there are more food contaminants, glue resins and chemical inks from newspapers and receipts reported in recycled cardboard and papers. So although we very much recommend recycling, we simply don't make it a starting point for our littles who need a bit of extra protection while their immune systems are gaining strength.